Friends of Gandy Dancer State Trail is a registered 501c3 comprised of a board of directors, members and volunteers. Our mission is to promote, maintain and enhance the Gandy Dancer State Trail for people powered activities.
We are dedicated to your health & wellness by:
- Improving the quality of life for residents & visitors of all ages and abilities
- Offering a safe means of outdoor activity away from motorized activity
- Providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities and events
- Promoting local businesses and healthy tourism industry
Trails and open spaces need people to protect and promote them. We rely on people like you to become a member. Membership helps us achieve a safe and engaging experience for all who use the Gandy Dancer for people powered activities.
If you hike, bicycle, live adjacent to or frequent the trail… If you enjoy the nature programs with bird, plant and wildlife experts … If you enjoy the trail’s scenic value and rural communities … If you want to support the health benefits that hundreds of school children and people of all ages enjoy … Please support the Friends of Gandy Dancer!
Here are a few examples of what we do for the Gandy Dancer State Trail:
- organize annual clean-ups and regular trail work days
- assist our partners with removal of storm debris, invasives and general trail maintenance
- plan, promote and sponsor special events
- raise money to purchase trail head fixtures such as interpretive displays, kiosks, bike racks, educational markers and shelter
- secure grants and do good in our communities (i.e. purchased two bicycles in 2019 for the Luck Public Library – for implementation of a bike check out program)
Click here to see what the Friends of Gandy did in 2019.
Click here to see what the Friends of Gandy achieved in 2020.
Click here to see what the Friends of Gandy were up to in 2021.